2018 sees the Shadow Project collaboration between Stone Island and the design team of Michaela Sachenbacher and Errolson Hugh, also known as ACRONYM®, enter its 10th year. To celebrate this anniversary the forward-thinking techwear label has revived the landmark piece from its first couple of seasons: the 2-layer stealth parka. The top layer is constructed from diagonally woven polyester, developed for its structural cohesion, durability and resistance to abrasion. This top layer has been an anti-drop treatment, protecting the jacket from water and dirt. But the real fun comes when you peel back the top layer in sections to reveal the dazzling Scarabeo under layer...
The black outer layer of this innovative stealth parka is attached to the second layer via snap buttons, which can be undone all at once or one by one to create a variety of different silhouettes - there is even a snap button at the back to reattach the top layer to the back. The distinctive second layer is borne of Stone Island's latest fabric research: 'Scarabeo' is a polyester-based technical fabric with a distinctive iridescent sheen caused by the application of a glass bead coating to the fabric's outer surface. An all-over graphic pattern is then applied, resulting in a seemingly infinitely textured and coloured light show across the surface of the jacket. The shimmering colours provide a dynamic contrast with the black outer layer when you undo the popper and zip fastened outer flaps, which can be done in a variety of configurations to create a number of different silhouettes.
Elsewhere the parka reflects the techwear and military special forces influence that have run through every Shadow Project collection. The large detachable hood with detachable moleskin visor provides supreme all-weather functionality, with a plethora of useful snap-button fastened pockets on both the inner and outer layers to store your essentials in. And, of course, the style is finished with an iconic detachable Stone Island Shadow Project compass logo badge at the left sleeve.
Polyester Outer Layer
• Large detachable hood with drawstring, with detachable moleskin visor on Velcro® tapes and moleskin lining
• 2 hand pockets, with snap fastened flaps
• Zip fastened yoke on chest, to be opened and also fastened on a vertical zip on the inner layer
• Large armhole construction
• Shaped cuffs with strap and Velcro®
• Drawstring into the bottom hem
• The outer layer is fixed to the inner layer by snaps, 1 snap is engineered to fix the outer layer on the back of the garment
Scarabeo Inner Layer
• Full-length 2-way zip closure
• 6 shaped patch pockets, 2 of which in polyester, 1 holding the inner fabric tape holding 2 buttons for the Stone Island Shadow Project badge, featuring the special 10 YEARS embroidery